When will my baby start talking?
Should I be worried about my child’s language?
Is what my child doing normal?
What can I do to help my child learn to read?
Should I use baby talk with my baby?
What are some great language boosting toys for my 2 year old?
These questions, and many more, are on the minds of today’s parents, and the answers should be EASY to find, ACCURATE because they come from sound research evidence, and FREE to access.
Talking Together was founded by paediatric speech-language pathologist and mother of two, Lynn Carson. With over 15 years experience working with children and their families, Lynn has dedicated her career to helping parents support their children’s growing language skills and Talking Together is the online representation of this work.
The information found on this website has either been created or curated by Lynn to ensure families are receiving reliable, up-to-date, research driven information regarding:
- speech, language and literacy milestones so you can know exactly what your child is suppose to be doing at what age and when you may need to be concerned
- web links and resources that have been determined to have reliable, but relatable information for families so you know you can trust what you are reading
- links to crafts, printables and activities that are free of cost so you can easily bridge what you have read online, into something you can do at home today
- answers to some of the most frequently asked questions parents ask speech-language pathologists
- webinars to learn more about typical speech, language and literacy development
- video demonstrations of simple, no prep language building activities that can be added into any daily routine
- printable research articles so you can read what the professionals are reading for yourself to help make informed decisions with your own children
Knowledge is power! You do not need to have a special degree to support your child’s language development at home. You are your child’s first and most important teacher and Talking Together can help show you why and how.
Please enjoy the site.
Lynn Carson, M.Cl.Sc. S-LP(C)
Lynn is a speech-language pathologist and the founder of Talking Together. She has received a master’s degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders from Western University and has achieved clinical certification from Speech-Language and Audiology Canada. She is a member of the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario and Speech Pathology Australia. Lynn also has additional certification as a Hanen Centre It Takes Two to Talk instructor, as well as training in applied behaviour analysis (ABA), picture exchange communication system (PECS), augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) and American Sign Language (ASL). Her research has been published in the journal of Memory and Cognition and the Canadian Journal of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology.
© 2018 Talking Together. All rights reserved.